Monday, October 12, 2015

Warm Welcome

Warm Welcome
The walls are warm and white in this house
Where you have never been invited.
The towels and dishes are white and mine
And you have never used them.
In a twin bed where I am wrapped up, warm,
Without you and alone,
I dream new dreams, and because of you
You are not in them.

Without this new house,
Women wander with arms wrapped around themselves
To keep the wind out,
To keep from falling out.
We watch with our mouths and with our hands--
Our words would not be weapons,
But we know you only respond to temptations or threats.

Where I am is where you have never been
And never again will I wander where we walked.
I was within you and now I am without you
(As in by your leaving I am outside you.)
So I went through the open door of real estate.
This house is mine, white, warm,
The one I want after once wanting you,
And you have never, will never

Be welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment